Updating headers in ubunta
Whenever I run an apt function it will pause for around 1 minute at 'Waiting for headers...'. But in any case, after selecting that server directly rather than the .archive.alias, apt-get update worked perfectly.
It will eventually clear through and continue as normal but it is a bit of an annoyance. This suggests there can sometimes be some kind of problem with DNS or aliasing with the *.archive.server names, which can simply be resolved by using another server, or even the same server directly by it's non-aliased name.
I find this post as well: how to export a modified kernel header and it's almost the same problem as mine.
Unfortunately I didn't find a solution there other than modify the system header files manually.
After much troubleshooting and chasing down the wrong rabbit holes (such as DNS, cache, and gateway issues), I finally discovered the problem. SEE: System Monitoring Policy (Tech Pro Research)When this happened to me previously, the solution was to allow Software & Updates to download from the best server.
To do this, you'd open Software & Updates, click the Download from the drop-down and select Other.
Web browsing was more reliable (no more random pauses with Google Apps or Facebook); Spotify stopped inexplicably freezing; and downloads were significantly faster.He works for a worldwide leading consumer product company and takes great pleasure in using FOSS tools to increase productivity in all areas of his daily work.